It is not always physically possible for you to be at home with your pet. On the other hand, leaving your pet at home for long periods of times may cause them develop issues such an anxiety and aggression. Here are a few essentials you must have when you leave your cat behind and when they are home alone:
- If you think your cat becomes really anxious while you are preparing to leave home, calming chews can help you bring ease to your pet and calm them down. They come in many different flavors so you can get the one which is your cat’s favorite give it to them just when you are about to leave. They not only alleviate additional stress but also help normalize your cat’s energy levels.
- Automatic litter boxes are a source of ultimate convenience. They save you the time and effort of finding and cleaning cat poop from all over the house.
- If your cat likes to sit by window, make sure you make a post next to it so that it is easier for them to climb and sit on it. This will not only keep them busy while they can watch out the window but will also give them a change in the scenery and prevent them from being lonely and anxious.
- If your cat likes to eat, food-based puzzles are also a good idea. They not only keep your cat busy but also happy. Food puzzles would keep your cat engaged for hours and you can easily go out to run a quick errand and be back to find your cat still busy with the puzzle.
- Besides food puzzles, you can also leave some of your cats favorite toys nearby for them to play with and keep them busy. The Cat Babble Ball is infused with Catnip and makes funny sounds when touched. These great entertaining cat toy especially for a bored cat. You can stuff toys with tasty goodies so it keeps attracting your cat for a decent amount of time, preventing them from getting bored.
- Make sure on going out you leave plenty of water and food in plain sight so that in case you get stuck somewhere, your cat doesn’t have to starve. This will also prevent them from chewing and scratching things they shouldn’t in the first place.
- If you think your cat becomes really lonely whenever you leave them behind, you can also consider getting them another feline friend. Obviously, it’s a big responsibility but bringing another cat in the house may solve many problems including your cat’s separation anxiety.