Shock collar, also known as electrical collar, e-collar or remote training collars come in handy especially while you are training your dog.
- They are adjustable in terms of giving a warning beep, beginning with vibration and delivering a shock.
- Yields fast result. According to some dog owners they say it only takes a few shock to correct an un-appreciated behavior.
- It is mostly affordable. It is cheaper as compared to dog trainer fence and professional dog trainers.
- Shock is a form of pain and if you can’t stand the site of your dog being in pain deliberately, then shock collars aren’t for you.
- Shock training your dog may end them up being fearful of people and places, causing them to develop an unsocial behavior.
- Shock collars may over-correct and deliver shocks more often or unintentionally.
- Positive reward is an essential part of training and shock collars don’t reinforce good behavior.