Cancer in Dogs
Cancer is the abnormal growth of cells that spread to the various organs in a body. Vets have found that almost fifty percent of dogs above the age of 10 probably get cancer at some point in their lives. And, with around 60%, the most frequent cause of dog deaths is cancer itself. Dogs are equally vulnerable to cancer, just like humans.
Dogs are mostly affected by cancer of lymph nodes, blood vessels, skin, bone, and mammary glands. The ominous signs can be a lump, swelling, an unhealed wound, enlarged lymph nodes, lameness, seizures, pain, change in appetite, discharges, and abnormal bleeding. In the primary stage, there might be no notable signs. But, it’s essential to consult the veterinarians as soon as you notice any symptom or abnormal behavior.
Surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, medications, or a combination of these are the basic treatments available for cancer in dogs. Several factors like age, health, and category of cancer, determine the procedure to be conducted for treatment.
A holistic approach is now becoming a breakthrough in treating cancer in canines. Cannabidiol or CBD is a naturally occurring active ingredient prevalent in Cannabis Sativa plants. It is non- psychoactive; that is, it doesn’t have any mind-altering effects and also ceases the feeling of being stoned. Studies show that CBD has a remedial perspective for treating various diseases, including cancer in humans. Also, according to the research, CBD obstructs malignant cell growth, destroys cancer-causing cells, and has anti-tumor effects. For its varied medicinal benefits, you can find several CBD-infused products on the market. The availability of these products is now becoming easier as you can purchase them from registered dispensaries or view here to check out complete variety online.
CBD Oil and Cancer
Like humans, cancer causes a great deal of discomfort to the dogs. CBD interacts with the nervous system of your pet, which helps control, optimize, and maintain the balance in the body to keep it healthy. CBD can thus effectively manage the pain and improve the quality of life in dogs suffering from cancer. Here are the five significant benefits of CBD oil that have been observed by the dog user.
1. CBD oil alleviates the pain – Cancer can lead to severe pain. Treatments like chemotherapy, radiation, or surgery can also add the sufferings of your pet. CBD oil has a fantastic effect on pain. It reacts with brain functioning to reduce the feeling of pain and helps your pet to enjoy a comfortable life.
2. CBD increases appetite – Appetite loss is prevalent in dogs suffering from cancer. CBD oil increases metabolism, which further enhances hunger in your pet. This gives enough energy to help them to sustain and fight with their ailment.To stimulate appetite,make sure you buy from trusted sources like CBDfx makes pet CBD you can trust.
3. CBD is non-Inflammatory – The most promising effect of CBD for cancer treatment is its ability to moderate inflammation. The pain, stiffness, and agony become severe with the increase in inflammation. CBD reduces inflammation, which in turn results in diminishing the varied painful conditions like swelling, redness, pain, and soreness of body parts.
4. CBD relieves seizure and associated anxiety – A high dosage of medication and prolonged therapies can sometimes lead to seizures in your pet. CBD provides relief from severe conditions of seizures and gradually lessens its effects on the body.
Seizures can trigger the anxiety level in the dogs. The discomfort arising due to cancer and its treatment is sometimes unbearable and causes severe anxiety. CBD is beneficial in relaxing and calming their nerves. These reduce stress and induce peaceful sleep, ensuring fast recovery.
5. CBD oil treats nausea – Evidence shows that CBD is especially useful in treating symptoms of nausea and vomiting, which are the results of the toxins used during chemotherapy. These symptoms are otherwise challenging to control by conventional drugs.
The Notable Conclusion
Although CBD has therapeutic use, and it provides a breakthrough in cancer, more research is going on to tap the actual benefit of the same. CBD is not useful to cure cancer, and neither has any life-saving property. All the benefits discussed above are based on the observations of the pet owners who have tried CBD oil. This evidence indicates that CBD helps in enhancing the quality of life if not, the quantity.
The dosage should be given as per the instruction mentioned on the products and according to the health of your dog. You should remember that wrong dosing can result in several side effects like dry mouth, lower level of blood pressure, and drowsiness. Consult your vet immediately for any symptoms observed during the usage of CBD. Till then, give your pet a peaceful and happy life by diminishing cancer-related signs with CBD and intensifying love and support from your end.