Puppies come in all breeds and sizes. The chew toys you choose for your furry friend must be selected with care. A puppy needs to have appropriate chew toys, or else he or she will chew on whatever is available, such as your favorite slippers or the leg of a coffee table. With that being said, no matter which chew toys you purchase for your pup, he needs supervision.
A chew toy should be rugged enough to hold up through frequent chewing, and it should be easy to clean. Safe nylon dog toys are readily available online. Under normal chewing, they will get tiny bristle-like projections that help clean teeth. If these tiny pieces, no larger than a grain of rice, are ingested, they should pass through with no problems.
Flavored Dog Chew Toys
Flavored chews are loved by dogs of all ages. They come in a variety of flavors and sizes. Here are some favorite dog chews and toys nationwide: Flavorit BarkBone, Babble Balls, X-Tire Balls, Nylon Antlers, and Kong Ballistic toys.
- Flavorit BarkBones are a richly flavor infused nylon bone that have tiny treat cells molded in both sides. The flavor cells can be filled with any spreadable treat your dog prefers, encouraging healthy chewing. To clean it, run it through the top rack of the dishwasher for a thorough sanitizing and it’s ready for the next time.
- Babble Balls feature durable high impact ABS construction. They make animal or other sounds, and have replaceable batteries.
- DINOSAUR Bacon BarkBones are the LARGEST solid nylon chew dog toy in the world! It offers a variety of comfortable chewing surfaces for aggressive power chewer pups.
- Nylon Antlers dog chew toy is designed to provide a safe alternative to a natural bone. It comes in a smaller size for your puppy’s teething and is gentle on their growing mouths.
- Pet Qwerks ballistic nylon dog toys are constructed from a machine washable and gentle-on-the-teeth material that’s great for fetching and tugging as well.
No dog toy or chew is totally indestructible. Inspect the toy before you give it to your pup to make sure there are no chips or pieces missing. If he has gnawed the knobs off the end of the bone shaped chew, you should throw it away and get a replacement. Some chew toys for puppies will only hold up until he is about nine months old. By that age, the power of his jaws might be able to break off pieces of the chew toys.