20 Surprising Facts about Dogs
by Pet Qwerks Toys on February 26, 2019
1. Your dog is as smart as your two year old toddler.
2. Your dog has a sense of time which is why they miss you when you are gone for too long.
3. Your dog’s whiskers help them navigate them in the dark.
4. Dogs have over 2000 scent receptors and hence their food should smell good rather than tasting good.
5. Dogs have their sweat glands in their paws.
6. Dog has been man’s companion for 14, 000 years.
7. Puppy’s first sense to develop is that of touch.
8. Dogs have wet noses because it helps them absorb scent.
9. Basenji is a type of dog breed that can’t bark.
10. When dog’s pass stool they tend to do it in alignment to the earth’s magnetic field.
11. The Norwegian Lundehund is the only dog that has six toes on each foot.
12. The most commonly used dog name is Max.
13. Labradors are the most popular breeds in the United States.
14. Dogs can develop a sense of jealousy if they see you being affectionate towards someone else.
15. Dogs can see in black, white, blue and yellow.
16. Bloodhounds can pick up scents that are 300 hours old.
17. A dog’s mouth exerts 320 pounds of pressure.
18. Dogs can hear 4 times as far as humans.
19. Dalmatian puppies are born completely white and develop spots over time
20. Dogs have at least 18 muscles in each ear.